Components of the Project
Mandatory result 1 (Component 1)
Enhanced capacity, efficiency and coordination role of the Anti-Corruption Agency in order to efficiently pursue its statutory competences in implementing and monitoring measures defined in the National Anti-Corruption Strategy and its Action Plan.
Component 1, inter alia, encompasses:
- Training needs assessment of the Anti-Corruption Agency’s staff;
- Training activities for Anti-Corruption Agency’s staff and other relevant institutions;
- Setting up of a Strategy for Anti-Corruption Agency’s internal and external communication;
- Training for journalists on reporting of Anti-Corruption Agency’s activities and corruption cases;
- Improving Anti-Corruption Agency’s current software applications.
Mandatory result 2 (Component 2)
Strengthened corruption prevention mechanisms in line with the best EU Member States’ practices and in accordance with the National Anti-Corruption Strategy and its Action Plan.
Component 2, inter alia, encompasses:
- Recommendations for improving the mechanisms for an effective processing of complaints, conflict of interest, declaration of assets and income as well as financing of political activities, including relevant comparative analyses;
- Analysis of legislative framework regulating the area of Anti-Corruption Agency’s competences;
- Development of advanced analytical methods for collecting and processing information and data in accordance with EU best practices;
- Analysis of categories of officials particularly prone to corruption;
- Improvement of coordination between the Anti-Corruption Agency and other relevant stakeholders.